Healthy Shit You Can Make: Bug Spray
Welcome to the very first HSYCM post. Since I’m live-blogging (do people say that?) from Hawaii I’m gonna start with something that’s top of mind: bug spray. If mosquitos were frat guys, my skin would be a Cancun foam party—those little creeps just cannot get enough. Unfortunately, like most things sold in CVS, conventional bug sprays have tons of craptastic chemicals that are arguably more harmful than the judgmental looks you get from tiki bar servers when they catch you picking your leg scabs. So. With a little help from the internet, I made my own bug spray recipe that actually works. Also it smells good and if you accidentally inhale it or eat it or use it as lip gloss (don’t) you won’t yak up your Mai Tai. You can find all the ingredients below at Whole Foods.
HSYCM Bug Spray
1. Fill a dark glass spray bottle with a carrier oil like MCT or Jojoba.
2. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
3. Add a few drops of lemon eucalyptus essential oil.
4. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
5. Shake that shit up, spray it on your bod and go drink on a patio.